Online Gujarat Commercial Tax Payment
Do you want to pay VAT online? Learn here how to pay Gujarat Vat online. Gujarat commercial tax mechanism is implementing VAT just like other states of India. With this information in front of you, you will know how to pay VAT online in Gujarat. VAT can be paid online at the website of the state’s commercial tax department. We are guiding taxpayers to pay VAT online as well offline. The post also gives you direct links to access the appropriate pages of the official commercialtax.gov.in portal. The value added taxation was introduced in the year 2005 to replace general sales tax rules. In this Article you will know the know more about value added tax payment in Gujarat.
Payment of direct and indirect taxes is mandatory for all citizens. In Gujarat, it is mandatory to pay VAT if the turnover is more than Rs. 5 lakhs. VAT is also applicable if the taxable income is Rs. 10,000 or more than that. Vat is also known as goods and services tax in some countries. It is levied on the basis of the value that is added at the each level of the production or distribution. To pay the taxes, dealers need to have VAT and CST registration. Also you can pay your TDS Payment online or offline. Before Payment you can check your status of TDS refund. Different goods and services are scheduled under VAT, while some goods and services are completely exempted from VAT. Different time limits are set for payment of VAT for goods and services falling under different schedules.
How to Pay Gujarat VAT Online at Gujarat Commercial Tax Website
The online payment is the easiest way of paying VAT. We have shared here the step wise procedure to pay VAT online.
- Visit the official portal of Gujarat commercial tax by clicking here.
- Click the option of e-payment under e-services section.
- Enter your TIN or tax identification number in the field.
- Select the type of tax as VAT. You may select professional tax, entry tax, and CST for respective payments.
- Click on the submit button after selecting VAT. Now check the TIN and firm details to ensure they are correct.
- Fill up all the details required including tax period, mobile number, tax amount, and others.
- Re-enter the TIN and confirm it is correct.
- Upon proceeding further, you will be redirected to the cyber treasury portal. This is the payment gateway page.
- Select net banking for easier way.
- Enter your net banking credentials and complete the e-payment transaction.
- Do take a print out or save the transaction receipt after successful payment.
- Now you will be redirected to the Gujarat commercial tax department website where you started.
- After payment, download the challan copy in pdf format. You may also download it from the payment history after login. For login, you need to register at the Gujarat commercial tax portal.
For those who are unwilling to pay VAT online, can use the manual methods. Dealers can pay VAT through cash, DD, or cheque to the banks. If you pay manually with any bank, do not forget to verify the payment online at the Gujarat commercial tax portal. This will confirm that the payment is registered and accounted properly.
The banks issue acknowledgement for the payment. However, dealers need to print the e-pay-in-slip or challan after generating them online. The slips or challans need to be submitted to the circle office to confirm the offline payment.
How to File Vat Return in Gujarat
Dealers can register on the Gujarat commercial tax portal and create a user ID and password. This will enable them to file VAT return. If you are confused, below is the step-wise procedure to file VAT return in Gujarat.
- Register at the site of Gujarat commercial tax.
- At the left-hand side, you will see option for login and new sign up.
- After registration login at the site and fill up the forms for the VAT returns. At the form section, you will find the following VAT return forms:
- Form 201 – Monthly VAT return
- Form 201C – balance of stock
- Form 203 – monthly or annual return of incentives
- Form 204 – monthly or annual return of deferment of tax
- Download the applicable form and fill it up with all the necessary details.
- Upload the file in .xls or .csv format. After uploading is done, click the submit button.
- After uploading, an acknowledgement in this regard will be generated online.
This successfully completes the process of filing VAT returns. All the forms related to payment and return of VAT are available at the official website. We are sure the information shared here will help dealers to pay VAT tax. We will be soon posting more information and procedures related to the Gujarat commercial tax. Myincometaxrefund.co.in guides users to pay direct and indirect taxes online without any confusion.